Summer (or winter!) is creeping up and sometimes you just need a bit of a push to re-set and get back in the zone for physical, nutritional and mental wellbeing. This September, I encourage you to push yourself to grow by being more active, eating foods that are awesome for you and taking some time to keep your emotions in check. This is an opportunity to 'sprout' in September - that is, do small challenges every day to help you grow into something magnificent.
Here's how it works.
- If you don't have an Instagram account, I would definitely encourage you to create one. It's a free app on iPhone and Android and is a great platform to meet other people doing the challenge and be part of an incredibly supportive community. Once you're set up on Instagram, follow me @thesprout for more support and to keep you on track with the challenge. It's definitely the best way to do the challenge, because the hashtags have a longer life!
- You can also participate via Twitter (follow @TheSproutAU) or post to my Facebook page (facebook.com/TheSproutAU).
- There will be one challenge each day, as per the calendar above and below.
- 'Check in' each day with the challenge activity using the hashtag #SproutInSept. That way, everyone involved in the challenge can search for the hashtag on Instagram to support and motivate each other.
- Every day, I will be checking in myself but also re-posting someone else's check-in if they've done a particularly kick-ass job.
The purpose of this month-long challenge is to get your mind in the game and keep it there by helping you develop daily habits and keep your physical and mental health at the forefront of your mind when you wake up and approach daily life. This isn't about being competitive or 'winning', it's about self-improvement and striving to be the best self you can be, one day at a time.