Alana Jane is, quite simply, an amazing woman. She is most passionate about making a difference to how parents nourish their children.
Her two children are 4 and nearly 7-years-old, so most of her recipes are family friendly (she makes one balanced meal for everyone with the options of "take it or leave it" at the dinner table for her kidlets)...Oh, did I mention she's a co-director of a plumbing company, still hairdresses in her spare time and looks positively banging and years younger than her biological age?!
Super Quick Protein Porridge (serves 2)
- 1/2 C Gluten-Free Quick Oats
- 1 egg & 1 egg white (beaten)
- splash of almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (optional)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 2 Tbs Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- Add oats plus 1 cup of water to a saucepan on medium heat
- Stir constantly until it begins to boil, then reduce heat to simmer
- Add in eggs and keep stirring until combined and just cooked through
- Turn off heat and add cinnamon, psyllium husk and chia seeds and a splash of milk until the consistency is your your liking
- Divide into 2 bowls and top with a tablespoon of yoghurt and a drizzle of honey