Paleo Breakfast Pizza
Pizza...for breakfast? And it's paleo?! And delicious?!?! Yes, yes and yes. I think this is my new favourite brekky. It's a one pan wonder full of less-scary-than-spirulina superfoods that packs a serious nutritional punch. And it is dead easy!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1-2 sices sliced leg ham, turkey, chicken or bacon (or thinly sliced aubergine or pumpkin for our vego friends)
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup or so of any leftover veg you have on hand, diced/sliced
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 1/4tsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp flax seeds, freshly ground (or sub for hemp seeds)
- 1Tbs fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Kim chi or sauerkraut to top
- You'll want a little non-stick pan (or a big one if you're cooking for 2 or more). On a medium high heat, line the base of the pan with sliced leg ham. Make sure there aren't any gaps, then crack a couple of eggs per person on top.
- Throw on some halved cherry toms and whatever other veg you have on hand (leftover corn, frozen peas, capsicum, onion etc would work well). Add a couple of big handfuls of spinach then lid it - I used my tagine lid but anything that isn't completely flat works well as it'll enable the spinach wilting more readily.
- Cook until the spinach is just wilted - your whites should be cooked by now with the yolks still glossy and soft.
- Use a spatula to transfer it from pan to plate. I then topped mine with a sprinkle of freshly ground flax seeds, chilli flakes and fresh parsley, with a dollop of kim chi on top.
Get creative! You could even pop some chickpeas and more tomatoes in and dust with Moroccan Spice and some fresh lemon zest - yum! Leftover caramelised onions with goats cheese would also float my boat. What would you use?