Guest Recipe: Soba Sensation!
The utterly gorgeous Kim (aka Kine) is a fashion/beauty/lifestyle blogger from my home town in Perth. She's on her way to becoming a chiropractor and enjoys a pescetarian lifestyle. Check out her blog here and delight in her playful posts and personable writing style!
This is Kine's recipe for an incredibly quick and easy nutrient-packed soba noodle dish. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat and are a really tasty gluten-free alternative for regular noodles or pasta.
Kine's Soba Noodle Sensation (serves 1-2. gluten free. vegetarian.)
- Packet soba noodles (use the packet's recommended serving size)
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs soy sauce (or coconut aminos for soy-free option, or tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small knob of ginger
- Soft tofu
- Boil a bunch of noodles according to the packet, run them under cold water for a summer dish.
- Make a marinade using sesame oil, soy sauce, a dash of water, garlic and chilli.
- Grate over some raw zuchini, ginger and soft tofu.
- Add the marinade!
Takes me less than 10 mins and I love it so much! You can add whatever variations to it; sometimes I boil silverbeet in with the noodles.