These fritters are easy to make a big batch, pop leftovers into the freezer and just whack them in the oven when you wake up, or microwave them if you're not fussed about the crispiness factor. Then serve with some extra greens! I eat mine topped with some avo and alongside some sauerkraut and sprinkled with hemp seeds. They're completely paleo, and you can use whatever is in the fridge!
Ingredients (makes 20ish fritters):
- 9 eggs
- half a big sweet potato, spiralised or grated
- half a zucchini, spiralised or grated
- half a bunch of kale, chopped finely
- 1/4C chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of almond meal
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients until combined
- Use a large spoon to lower about 2-3Tbs of mixture into a hot pan that's got some coconut, olive oil or ghee in it
- Fry until brown on one side, flip, then pop onto some paper towel to absorb excess grease
So easy and so yummy. Great way to sneak some extra veg and green onto your plate and they taste totally naughty! For freezer portions, wait until your fritters have cooled, pop into a zip lock bag in portions and into the freezer. They'll stay good if they're airtight for six months.